Want to hit the road or trails, but prefer to ride with a group? Join one of the group rides scheduled throughout the week.
Tuesday Night Girls Bike Ride
Every Tuesday a group of local women rides together. Below is the info they just shared if you are interested in joining them:
• Meet at Spindrift
• Plan to bike rain or shine. It’s too hard to predict the weather, so we’ll all make our own decisions. If it looks bikeable, come on down and hopefully others will join you!
• Cyclists of all styles and skill levels are welcome! Depending on the numbers, the group will split up into:
1. Mountain bikers who prefer 6 miles or so, at a comfortable pace
2. Mountain bikers who prefer 12 miles or so
3. Road bikers who are pretty darn fast
4. Road bikers who are fast
• Wheels up promptly, or reasonably promptly, at 6 p.m.
• Possible routes: School Forest, Cartier Park single track, or out to the State Park and around thereabouts
• Spindrift has a bathroom if you need to change, and you can leave a bag there while we ride
• The group reconvenes at Sportsman’s around 7:30 p.m. for beer and tacos or your pleasure.
Wednesday Mountain Bike Group
A group of avid mountain bike riders takes off from various local trailheads each Wednesday. Contact Trailhead Bike Shop to be added to a weekly ride email.
Contact us regarding information on other rides or suggestions at (231) 425-4999.